- Syracuse beating Duke 91-89 in overtime on Feb 1st before an NCAA record crowd 35,446.
- Tyler Ennis’ 35 foot game winning basket against Pitt for a 58-56 victory at the Peterson Center on February 12th, extending the Orange's winning streak to 24 games.
- Syracuse’s school record 25 game winning streak set against North Carolina State on Feb 15th.
- Syracuse reaching #1 in the polls on February 3rd, with the Orange being 22-0.
- Jim Boeheim throwing his coat and being ejected against Duke on Feb 22 at Cameron Indoor Arena. It was Boeheim’s first career ejection, as he argued that C.J. Fair’s game winning shot should have counted; instead Fair was called with charging.
- Trevor Cooney scoring 33 points against Notre Dame on February 3rd. He was 9 of 12 from three point range, and 11 of 15 from the floor in the 61-55 win.
- Syracuse beating Western Michigan 77-53 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament behind Trevor Cooney’s 18 points.
- Syracuse beating Miami 49-44 on January 4th, behind C.J. Fair’s 15 points. This would be Syracuse’s first game in ACC conference play.
- Syracuse beating North Carolina 57-45 on January 11th before 32,121 fans at the Carrier Dome. The Orange would lead by as much as 19 points with four minutes to play.
- Syracuse beating Kennesaw State 89-42 on November 14th to start the Kaleb Joseph & Chris McCullough era, kick off 115th season of Syracuse basketball and Jim Boeheim’s 39th season as head coach.
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Top 10 Highlights of Syracuse Basketball in 2014
Happy New Year to all the Orange fans out there. As 2014 comes to close, here are my top 10 highlights from Syracuse basketball for the year.